The Gran Galà Alè at the Palazzo Gran Guardia in Verona has unveiled the Roster of the UCI Elite Women Team for the next season.
As main moment of the event Alessia Piccolo presented the squad with the confirmed and the new athletes: Mayuko Hagiwara (Japan), the Dutch Roxane Knetemann and Karlijn Swinkels (Junior ITT World Champion in Doha 2016), and the new Elite Italian rider Sofia Nilda Frometa Leonard. The confirmed riders are Marta Bastianelli, Anna Trevisi, Soraya Paladin, Chloe Hosking, Janneke Ensing, Daiva Tuslaite (Lithuanian Road National Champion), Martina Stefani, Romy Kasper, Ane Santesteban Gonzalez and Anisha Vekemans. The 14 athletes are directed by Fortunato Lacquaniti, also new Team Manager, very determinate and ready with the Team Staff for a new, competitive season.
“We have ended an extraordinary season with high mood and big goals reached. If 2017 has been splendid, the following year shoukd be unforgettable” – declared the 100% confirmed Sports Director.
The President Alessia Piccolo continues: “The Team Alè – Cipollini is a big reality for Women Cycling. This year we have been the strongest Italian Elite Team, in 8th place of the UCI ranking and many victories in the Women’s World Tour. There are also new races to take part next year, with the professionality that distinguishes the team. Good luck!”
TEAM ALE’ – CIPOLLINI, LA ROSA 2018:
– Marta BASTIANELLI (Italia), confirmed
– Anna TREVISI (Italia), confirmed
– Ane SANTESTEBAN GONZALEZ (Spagna), confirmed
– Chloe Elle HOSKING (Australia), confirmed
– Janneke ENSING (Paesi Bassi), confirmed
– Romy KASPER (Germania), confirmed
– Daiva TUSLAITE (Lituania), confirmed
– Martina STEFANI (Italia), confirmed
– Anisha VEKEMANS (Belgio), confirmed
– Soraya PALADIN (Italia), confirmed
– Mayuko HAGIWARA (Giappone), new
– Roxane KNETEMANN (Paesi Bassi), new
– Karlijn SWINKELS (Paesi Bassi), new
– Sofia Nilda FROMETA LEONARD (Italia), new
Sports Director/Team Manager: Fortunato Lacquaniti (Italia)
Foto (c) Cycling Communication